Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Kindness

As the end of the year rolls around, I like to reminisce on the past year and really look into what I have learned, as well as remember and ponder the wonderful things that I have been blessed with. I encourage everyone to do this because not only does it humble you and make you feel accomplished, but it also allows you to remember the faults of the year, in turn bettering you as a person. Let's face it: we're all human; we all make mistakes, and that's okay. As long as we are big enough to accept and learn from our fall outs, all is good.

This past year has really made me think about my future and I have made some very "big girl" decisions. I have definitely endured a lot of hurt, but I have also experienced a whole lot of happiness too.

This year (2013) was the mark of the beginning of my senior year in high school. Many people (at least in Texas) believe that by now you should know exactly where you want to go to college, what you want to major and minor in, and what you see yourself doing in twenty years. For some people, this is the status quo and they are just fine with following it. For others, like myself, we are not so ready to leave the nest or even think about the future (which I might mention, scares the CRAP out of me). So here I am saying: I don't know where I want to go to college, I have a slight idea of what I want to major in, and I want to  be a makeup artist which is apparently not an acceptable answer to anyone asking what you want to be when you grow up.






No comments:

Post a Comment